USM Galaxies and Lensing Seminar
For LMU students: This is the 'Gravitational lensing seminar with accompanying colloquium (P6.2.5, P6.2.6)'
every Friday from 10:00 to 11:30 CEST, but sometimes in the late afternoon at 17:00 CEST for external speakers . Currently, all the talks are conducted virtually via Zoom (check the latest emails with the Zoom link and password!)
- 17th September 2021 (10:00) - Talk
Drew Jamieson (MPA)
'Large-scale structure in the separate universe: applications and new observables'
Summer Semester 2021
- 10th September 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Martin Millon (EPFL)
'Measuring the Hubble Constant with Gravitationally Lensed Quasars'
- 3rd September 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Oliver Friedrich (University of Cambridge)
'Matching Bayesian and frequentist coverage probabilities when using an approximate data covariance matrix'
- 30th July 2021 (10:00) - Probability/Statistics review
Arno Riffeser (USM)
'Conditional probabilities, marginal distributions'
- 2nd July 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Pierre Burger (University of Bonn)
'A revised model for the density split statistic'
- 25th June 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Jia Liu (UC Berkeley)
'Cosmology with massive neutrinos'
- 18th June 2021 (10:00) - Paper review
Tamas Varga (USM)
'ADDGALS: Simulated Sky Catalogs for Wide Field Galaxy Surveys'
- 11th June 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Mandy Chen (University of Chicago)
'Using strong lensing to study the lenses and the sources: two case studies'
- 4th June 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Ricardo Herbonnet (SUNY Stony Brook)
- 28th May 2021 (10:00) - Talk
Justin Alsing (Stockholm University)
'Likelihood-free (simulation-based) inference for cosmology'
- 21st May 2021 (17:00) - Paper review
Raphael Zöller (USM)
'Globular clusters in UDGs'
- 7th May 2021 (17:00) - Paper review
Giacomo Queirolo (USM)
'Quadruply-imaged quasars: some general features'
- 30th April 2021 (10:00) - Paper review
Anik Halder (USM)
'Galaxy-Galaxy Lensing using DMASS'
- 23rd April 2021 (10:00) - Paper review
Tamas Varga (USM)
- 16th April 2021 (17:00) - Talk
Bernardita Ried (University of Chile)
'Informative priors on the Galaxy-Matter connection'
- 9th April 2021 (10:00) - Paper review
Anik Halder (USM): https://arxiv.org/pdf/2104.01185.pdf
Agne Semenaite (MPE): https://arxiv.org/pdf/2103.03815.pdf